We’re looking for our next Music Director and Conductor
A Part-Time, Year-Round position
Responsible for the overall musical excellence of the Arizona Masterworks Chorale (AMC) and leads the company’s artistic vision and activities. Through their skill, artistry, and leadership, the Music Director sets and maintains the highest artistic standard in music preparation and performance to inspire Chorale members and to engage, entertain and educate AMC’s diverse audiences.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator border_width=”3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]AMC has been performing for over 40 years. Our current music library comprises over 30,000 copies of nearly 500 titles, covering a broad spectrum of classical and contemporary works, and we’re always on the lookout for more great new choral compositions. Concert programs from recent seasons are available on our website.
- Plan AMC concert seasons, including season and concert themes, repertoire, and artistic budgets
- Plan, prepare, and conduct rehearsals and performances by the Chorale in a professional working environment with standards of vocal quality and conduct for all members
- Provide status reports at regular meetings of the AMC board of directors
- Support AMC’s presence and outreach in the community
- Perform the duties of the Music Director described in the AMC By-Laws, and work with the Board of Directors to develop and sustain AMC’s mission, vision, and strategic plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced Music degree (preferably in choral conducting) from an accredited program, or a Bachelor’s of Music degree with equivalent choral conducting experience
- Strong knowledge of choral repertoire with a concentration on classic and contemporary “masterworks”
- A professional résumé and CV documenting leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, and at least five years’ experience in directing choral ensembles
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated experience working with Boards of Directors and other non-profit organization artists and volunteers
Compensation and Benefits
The Music Director is an independent contractor (1099-based) reporting to the AMC Board of Directors. Detailed terms and conditions of the engagement, including compensation and scope of work in musical, production, organizational, and community activities, will be included in a negotiated agreement.
Send all application materials to the AMC Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the AMC website for information about the Chorale, including programs from recent seasons.
Call AMC at (623) 252-0790 with questions.
- A letter of interest and professional résumé/CV documenting training and previous programs conducted.
- Any additional materials to support the application including but not limited to professional references; recordings of performances conducted; descriptions of music arranged or composed; or examples of writings such as blogs, columns, or program notes.
Interview and Audition Process
- The AMC Search Committee will review all applications. Qualified candidates will be invited to a screening interview with the Committee (to be conducted online via Zoom).
- Following screening interviews, selected candidates will be asked to present themes and concepts for AMC concerts over two seasons starting in Fall 2021.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call us at (623) 252-0790